Attorney Robert H. Astor
Dedicated personal injury, medical malpractice, and criminal defense lawyer in Northampton, Springfield, Amherst and all of western Massachusetts
For more than 35 years, Attorney Robert H. Astor has fiercely protected the rights of clients who have been injured or killed by the negligence of others, and those charged with crimes.
Attorney Astor enjoys a reputation for thoroughness and professionalism and a documented record of success in complex cases and has also attained an AV® Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating™, the highest rating an attorney can receive from his or her peers.
Areas of Practice
Attorney Astor personally handles every case
Because he works one-on-one with clients, Robert Astor develops a rapport with them that inspires him to provide the very best representation. He makes clients’ problems his own and battles at every stage, from initial negotiation through trial to ensure the best possible outcome.
Among Attorney Astor’s notable cases are:
- Claims successfully resolved against the United States Veteran’s Administration brought on behalf of the murder victims of a nurse at the Northampton VA Hospital
- $1.1 million settlement of a medical malpractice claim brought on behalf of a mentally retarded plaintiff against numerous physicians who failed to diagnose lithium toxicity
- Jury award for plaintiff against a police department stemming from a serious accident in which police wrongfully issued a citation to the plaintiff for failure to yield to a police vehicle
- Successful resolution of a claim brought on behalf of a young woman who was sexually assaulted by her physician
- Jury verdict for the plaintiff against a defendant manufacturer, contractor, and municipality stemming from injuries suffered after a bank of lockers fell on the plaintiff
- Acquittals secured on behalf of criminal defendants charged with offenses ranging from operating under the influence of alcohol to committing perjury
- Securing reversals for clients before the First Circuit Federal Court of Appeals after their convictions for charges ranging from intimidation of a witness to violating federal firearms laws
In personal injury and medical malpractice cases throughout western Massachusetts, Attorney Astor relies on respected doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals for valuable input.
The concern he has for individuals extends into his private life. He finds fulfillment in providing hands-on volunteer work to numerous community organizations throughout the region.
Knowledge and experience valued by colleagues
Attorney Astor’s successes and work ethic have garnered him numerous speaking engagements, through which he shares his vast knowledge.
Additionally, his alternative dispute resolution (ADR) skills result in his being consistently sought as a private mediator and arbitrator.
- Massachusetts, 1979
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Hampshire County Bar Association
- Hampden County Bar Association
See the difference 35 years of experience can make
If something you hold dear is at stake, you owe it to yourself to permit the Law Offices of Robert H. Astor to assess your options. For personal injury and medical malpractice clients, we offer a free initial consultation and charge you no attorney’s fees unless we recover money for you.
From our offices in Springfield and Northampton, we represent personal injury, medical malpractice, and criminal defense clients in all western Massachusetts communities. Contact us online or by calling 413-781-1144 or 413-584-4348.